7 Powerful Prayers for Grandchildren from Scripture


1.  Psalm 3:3-5 - A Prayer for God to Shield Your Grandchildren

But You, O Lord, are a shield for me,
My glory and the One who lifts up my head.
I cried to the Lord with my voice,
And He heard me from His holy hill. Selah
I lay down and slept;
I awoke, for the Lord sustained me.

Gracious God, I ask you to be a shield for these precious grandchildren, and sustain them throughout their entire lives. Be the One they cry out to, and hear them when they call.

2.  Psalm 16:5-8 - A Prayer for Provision

O Lord, You are the portion of my inheritance and my cup;
You maintain my lot. The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; 
Yes, I have a good inheritance. I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel; My heart also instructs me in the night seasons.
I have set the Lord always before me;
Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.

Heavenly Father, thank You so much for your provision. I praise You for being my inheritance and my cup. I am humbled by the blessing of these precious grandchildren! Continue to provide for our family and help us to rely fully on You.

3.  Psalm 18:1-3 - A Prayer for Deliverance

I will love You, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies.

Lord, how I love you. You are my rock and my deliverer. I pray that You will make Yourself known to my grandchildren and be the horn of their salvation. In times of trouble, please be their fortress and their deliverance.

4. Psalm 1:1-3 - A Prayer for Godly Prosperity

Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.

Heavenly Father, please help these little ones to find delight in You and Your word. I pray that they will be prosperous by abiding in You. Guard them against the paths of sinners and plant them beside rivers of Living Water.

5.  Psalm 3:3-5 - A Prayer for God to Shield Your Grandchildren

But You, O Lord, are a shield for me,
My glory and the One who lifts up my head.
I cried to the Lord with my voice,
And He heard me from His holy hill. Selah
I lay down and slept;
I awoke, for the Lord sustained me.

Gracious God, I ask you to be a shield for these precious grandchildren, and sustain them throughout their entire lives. Be the One they cry out to, and hear them when they call.

6.  Psalm 18:1-3 - A Prayer for Deliverance

I will love You, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies.

Lord, how I love you. You are my rock and my deliverer. I pray that You will make Yourself known to my grandchildren and be the horn of their salvation. In times of trouble, please be their fortress and their deliverance.

7.  Psalm 20:6-7 - A Prayer for Your Grandchild's Salvation 

Now I know that the Lord saves His anointed;
He will answer him from His holy heaven
With the saving strength of His right hand.
Some trust in chariots, and some in horses;
But we will remember the name of the Lord our God.

Lord, please lead each of my grandchildren into a right relationship with You. Answer them from Your holy heaven and save them by Your righteous right hand. Help them to put their trust in You and not in the things of this world. Speak Your name over them and lead them to salvation in Your Son.





Comments