Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Why Does God Change Our Plans?


It is so frustrating when God changes your plans. It has happened to me many times. I doing what I think God is wanting me to do, I have my plans on how I am going to make it work, and it just seems like God is blocking me from being successful. 

As I was reading my Bible this morning, God gave me a perfect example of why He changes your plans. I am starting in the Book of Romans. In chapter 1 verses 8-15 Paul is expressing how he longs to go to Rome to encourage and fellowship with them. But he was prevented from going to Rome.

13 I do not want you to be unaware, brothers, that I have often intended to come to you (but thus far have been prevented), in order that I may reap some harvest among you as well as among the rest of the Gentiles.

For some reason God was preventing Paul from going to Rome. WHY?

I believe that if God allowed Paul to go to Rome and fellowship with them, he would have never set down to write the amazing book of Romans, which is ingrained in history.

So the next time God changes your plans, do not get frustrated or discouraged, but look for where God is moving. Look for another door that is opening. Maybe the plans that He has for you, greatly exceeds your plans. 

Do you have any examples of God changing your plans. We would love to hear your comments.

1 comment: