Thursday, March 5, 2020

My Greatest Treasure Is My Family


It is my personal belief that our families are under attack from the evil one. I believe that satan is using our own desires and we are falling victim to them. 

One way that satan is temping us is by living beyond our means. When I was growing up, my dad went to work, but my mom was always there for me. When I got home from school, she was there to talk about the day. Now we have both parents working one or two jobs. I know that at times this is something we have to do to survive. but we need to make our family and kids our focus.


The other way satan is tempting us is social media. Here is one of the many examples I have seen. When I go out in public I seldom use my cell phone. I want to be aware of what is going on around me, just in case God needs to use me. If I have my head buried in my phone I am not there for God.  

I was getting my haircut. I was sitting in the chair as "Lilly" was cutting my hair. I watched this family of 5 come in. Mom, dad, and 3 kids. They sat down and immediately they ALL pulled out their phones. It made me sad, as this was a great time for all of them to talk. As I said, I have seen this many times, going out to eat, shopping, and more. 

God loves families. He loves your family. Let us cling to our family as much as God clings to us and not let us go.

Note: (satan is not capitalized because he does not deserve the respect.)

2 comments:

  1. Yes we all need to communicate with one another, and it is God's desire that we establish good healthy relationships. There is a right time and a right place, but like me I need to be more considerate of those around me. Guilty as charged, but forgive me Lord as I only seek to glorify your Name ������

    ReplyDelete