Help Me Cling To Your Promises


At times like these our emotions get the best of us. For most of us we do not like change and it seems like things are changing daily. Our lives were good before COVID hit, it felt like God was behind the scenes guiding our lives. But now, it feels like God is nowhere to be found.

When these times hit, we have to push our emotions aside and go to the Word of God and rely on the truths that God gives us.  

Psalm 46:1-3 
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.

Isaiah 41:10 
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Psalm 9:9-10 
The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.

Psalm 32:7-8 
You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.

Deuteronomy 31:8 
It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.

Remember that between the Old Testament and the New Testament God was silent for 400 years! Moses wandered the desert for 40 years. For us it has been about 2 months. I know this time will end soon and be a distant memory.

Prayer This Prayer Today

Comments

Post a Comment