Wednesday, February 26, 2020

What Is Hell Like?


As I was reading Lamentations last night, I started to become very sad. I could imagine one of my friends hurting and crying out for help. I then had flashbacks to some of my times when I had been that lonely, scared, and hurting. Just reaching out for someone to support, love, and just give me a hug, telling me that everything is going to be OK.

I believe that at one time in our lives we have felt alone, even if you are married or have a lot of people around you. You have this empty feeling inside. I know that sometimes GOD will back away from us, so that we seek HIM, HE wants us to pursue HIM. But, sometimes we do this to ourselves, we sin, and sin separates us from GOD. Separation from GOD is LONELY.

In fact, I believe, that that is what hell will be like....total separation from GOD.....very lonely. Even here on earth you are surrounded by GOD. HE is in the sky, the wind, the sunsets, HE is nature, HE is in people, your animals, just imagine a place without any of that......very LONELY place.

Related Blog: Is Revenge Wrong

Because we sin, we feel alone because we are building a wall between us and GOD. It does not have to be "Big" sins either. Pride, jealousy, anger, all of that puts up another brick on the wall that separates us.

Is it time that you tear down the wall and have that close feeling with GOD again?

The other reason that I have felt alone in my life, is that I was not connected to another group of believers. I was amazed when I did make the effort to get connected to a group of people that cared for me. It was/is amazing! To have people that love and accept you for who you are, to know that I ALWAYS have someone that I can call, that will help me. People that call me and see if I am OK. It is a feeling that I am never alone.

If you have not experienced this or have not felt like this, I would encourage you to seek it out. Find a group of believers and get CONNECTED.

Lamentation 3:22-26
The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
"The LORD is my portion," says my soul,
"therefore I will hope in him."
The LORD is good to those who wait for him,
to the soul who seeks him.
It is good that one should wait quietly
for the salvation of the LORD.

7 comments:

  1. I Have been very Lonely in the past, a House full of family. Until I started going to church and follow shipping with others, my life has changed so much, for the better! God is so good to us!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe in God and His Son Jesus Christ!I am not alone. Thank you Jesus Christ. Amen!

      Delete
  2. Praise GOD!! I'm happy for you and will keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not get to church because I am in a nursing home and no one to pick me up. So I belong to several different Christian websites and those on Facebook. I used to live in CA and now in NY my friend lives in CA we have known each other for over 20 years and talk on Facebook. It works

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.chick.com/products/tract?stk=1097 The gospel if you have phone try SBN app

      Delete
  4. Sadly this post does not even reveal what hell is like .They water down the truth . They fail in sharing what biblical Hell Is . It separation from God it fire it darkness the worm never dies it is without hope . No escape forever. Hell is real and will be thrown in with all those in hell , into the lake of fire . https://www.chick.com/products/tract?stk=1097

    ReplyDelete