Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Why Is There So Much FEAR Surrounding COVID?


Why do we fear COVID-19? In my opinion, our culture has become to reliant on social media. It has become our World. We wake up with it, check it all day, then at night watch TV and social media, and it is the last thing we do before bed. It has become our World. (I do not think there is anything wrong with social media, but we need balance). And I am sure you know, social media has a lot of fake news.

If social media is your World, your happiness, your joy, where you draw energy...then during the COVID crisis, all of social media turned to fear, worry, and panic.

So your world just crashed in on you. If you have no outside influences, you have a lot of fear in your life. The toilet paper is a great example... it went viral that everyone was buying TP and the world was going to run out, so what do we do?? Buy a years worth of TP. CRAZY!

If you are finding that you are very fearful of COVID-19, maybe it is time to find other influences in your life in other places than social media. Your friends, family, The Bible, Prayer. I have found that when the world goes crazy, and I start to become fearful, I can balance my life with these things. 

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

I would love to hear your thoughts of why there is so much fear surrounding COVID-19. Please comment below. 👇

11 comments:

  1. man made virus but it backfired and got families closer

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fear is of the unknown. We still don’t know the cause, no medication or vaccine to cure/ heal it or how long it will be with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is so much fear beacuse of the prophecy of the people of God, everyone wants to prophecy about COVID-19.. And the prophecy increases fear making people to forget that God is our Healer

    ReplyDelete
  4. we need to follow the rules stay at home wash your hands etc and trust in our lord Jesus Christ that we will get through this Virus.This situation may be in Bible Prophecy but this is not the beginning of the end times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit of a worldly view
      Wash your hands stay at home
      Jesus wants us to go out and be light and salt...
      Heal the nations
      Set the captives free
      Pray for others by the laying on of hands
      Psalm 43 no plague shall come near you
      ..
      No weapon formed against you shall prosper
      In the mighty name of Jesus King of the Universe and all things

      Delete
  5. It is better to take refuge in the lord,than to trust in man.I Believe this with all my heart,It is God that will pull us through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FOR ME I THINK THAT WE NEED RO MAME LUR OWN PRIORITY LIST
    MY LIST
    1 GOD LOVES US
    2 CONCERN FOR EVERY INDIVIDUAL
    3 PRACTICE BEING HEALTHY
    4 KEEP CALM ABOUT CHANGING 🌎

    ReplyDelete
  7. The media makes it sound like this virus is all over in the air etc.it makes it sound as if as soon as you step outside your going to get it.Thats with makes some people afraid.We have to get back to God,me first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In my case.im afraid to get infected by others who do not wear a mask and keep popping out to the shop.im 73 this yr please pray 4 me .

    ReplyDelete
  9. I truly believe God saw this world getting more evil with each Passing day. There was no such thing as family dinners friendship people got too involved with things not with Jesus not with themselves just things and how much they could have and I think this was His way of letting us know He wants us to look at each other with love start being a family again with God that’s how I feel and your hear stories how people are helping each other. We hear them pray a d even standing outside(as one teacher did) and pledging allegiance to our flag
    Put God bac in schools. YES GOD IS WITH US. AND HE ALWAYS WILL

    ReplyDelete