Tuesday, March 17, 2020

How Do We Get Through This Crisis?


I don’t know about you, but going through a crisis or life changing experience can be very daunting at times. I had to go through the death of a child and a debilitating disease with my husband. Those times were so scary and my future was uncertain. Going through these life changing experiences brought my faith to the test.

At times I fell to my knees and screamed, “How am I going to continue on?” “Why are You taking me through this fire, God?” My soul was screaming and then satan starts to tug at my mind…”you are not going to make it, you are too weak, God is not there for you”…


How I deal with crisis is representative of my relationship with Jesus. If I cling to Him and look for His comfort and peace, that says a lot for my faith. If I stand strong knowing that He will take care of me, He will get me through any crisis, is proof that I have trust in Him and proves to others that I have a God bigger than my situation.

We as Christians are NOT immune to hard times in our lives, but we have a God that loves us so much He is there to walk with us and even carry us at times to get us through.


Here are some verses that helped me through my life changing experiences and scary times.

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10 

Seek the LORD and his strength;  seek his presence continually!
1 Chronicles 16:11  

My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest. 
Exodus 33:14 

Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord you God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. Isaiah 43:1-3 

No comments:

Post a Comment