God Is Our Only Hope


May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
Romans 15:13 

If someone asked you to explain what hope is, would you have an answer? After all, what does hope mean?

In English, the current definition of the noun hope is, “the feeling of desire for a certain thing to happen.” For its use as a verb, hope means “wanting a certain thing to happen.”

In the Bible, we never read of hope with that definition. It’s not wishy-washy, or desirous of the unlikely. Instead, hope is a confident belief and expectation in the truths and promises of God. Hope always has a positive connotation.

Here are some great verse for hope to encourage you.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11 

You are my refuge and my shield;
I have put my hope in your word.
Psalm 119:114 

Why, my soul, are you downcast?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.
Psalm 42:11 

But those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:31

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
Hebrews 11:1  

👇Comment, What does hope mean for you?👇

Comments

  1. Hope is the knowledge and certainty the our Lord will carry out His will and someday we will look back on this and be able to truly see where His hand guided us through this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has been the way were thought since childhood if your Mother prayed for and to you. It is the reason I believe-my Mother.

      Delete
  2. Hope and action in prayer with God = success...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope and action in prayer with God = success...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope is the blueprint of my faith.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jesus Christ is our only hope, But it takes faith also. AMEN0

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment