Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Do We Really Need A Vaccine For COVID-19 Or Just God’s Word?


Let me start out by saying I do not follow a religion that does not believe in modern medicine. I am living proof that modern medicine works. And yes, I believe that we do need a vaccine for COVID-19... but, I believe that the vaccine does not solve the root of our problems. It is like putting a bandaid on an arterial cut. I may stop the bleeding for a moment. 

The one verse that keeps on coming back to me is 2 Chronicles 7:14:

"If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Before COVID-19 most of what I saw on social media was hate, violence, states were passing laws to kill babies, and sexual perversion that is affecting our young children. 

After COVID-19 hit most of what I see on social media is a World crying out for God, prayers, scripture. Coincidence?? 

So yes we need a vaccine for COVID-19. The World heals, forgets this tragedy, becomes complacent and slips back into their old ways again. The root of the problem is not addressed.

In closing, we "Christians" need to do our part in the problem. We too (me included) have gotten lazy. Church attendance is declining, we have become recluse, are we sharing the Gospel? How much time do you spend reading your Bible, in prayer, or worshipping God vs. how much TV, social media is in your life. Remember, worship is defined as, "what you spend your time, energy, and money on."

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please comment below.


1 comment:

  1. I agree 100%. This horrible virus will pass perhaps a different one will come along but l see and hear people changing what they thought was most important. I see people all over the world on their knees prauing so many are making the decision to ask Jesus to forgive them and making the King of Kings Lord and Savior. Yes these time can make all of us a bit edgy but with Jesus we have jope we have peace and we can truly say The Best is yet to come.

    ReplyDelete