God Will Bless You Just Because He Loves You


This is one of my biggest pet peeves

So I am cruising Facebook last night and what did I see? Yet ANOTHER preacher saying.. "If you sow a seed to my ministry of $50 or more God will bless you", or "God will send you a financial blessing." This is one of my biggest pet peeves. 

It always seems to be the same song and dance. They will take a Bible story and twist it to fit what they are wanting from you. They will tell you that in this Bible story person X had to prove his/her faith, so you need to prove your faith and "Sow a Seed."

Here are a couple of thoughts...

God will bless you just because you are a child of His and He loves you. You do not need to give money to anyone to be blessed. God is not a gumball machine where you put a quarter in and get a blessing. 

What happens when you "Sow your seed" and nothing happens? 

I mean this preacher PROMISED me that God would bless me and it has not happened. I bet you get mad at God or think... "I must not be good enough." After all the preacher is a prophet from God so he cannot be wrong. 

Did you know that in the 1500's the Roman Catholic Church did the same thing? You had to pay money to be blessed, have a priest pray for you, have your child baptised and more! Are we reverting back to these times where we need to pay to be blessed? Read Article.

Why does it have to be a large dollar amount? Why can't a person just give what they can. It seems to be the more you give, the bigger blessing. I mean the most famous story about giving is the "widow's Mite."

Luke 21:1-4 
The Widow’s Two Mites
And He looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the treasury,  and He saw also a certain poor widow putting in two mites.  So He said, “Truly I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all;  for all these out of their abundance have put in offerings for God, but she out of her poverty put in all the livelihood that she had.” (Jesus Speaking)

Now, I have nothing against supporting a ministry you believe in, but that ministry should not promise anything on behalf of God. I believe you should tithe, but do it because you love God and you want to give back to what God has given you. Please do not expect anything in return. That is what a gift is. When I give a gift from my heart, I do not expect anything in return from that person.

Again.... God will bless you not on the amount you give, or who you give it to.... He will bless you because HE LOVES YOU!

Comments

  1. Amen I truly experiencing that but God also told me by the good things I do by giving and loving my neighbors as I love myself by looking and giving to his people giving good deeds to people less fortunate then our self's and I also give to the church when I can I feel so much better reading this article it has brought forth knowledge to me on what I need to do and to be grateful thank you and thank you my ABBA father for loving me the way you do.������������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like giving my money to the homeless and poor or making sandwiches and give it to the homeless with a bottled water that really means a lot Jesus said what you give to the poor you have done for me Its a blessing to be able to pray in the food for the homeless God is good Remember when you give be a cherfull one and happy about it

      Delete

Post a Comment