Wednesday, May 3, 2017

May Is Myositis Awareness Month


My name is Jim Bushmiller and I live with an incurable disease called Dermatomyositis.

It has been a hard journey as I almost passed away 3 times, but through God's grace and the help of The Myositis Association I am here today.

Today I struggle with the disease. I am in pain or discomfort every second I am awake. I struggle with extreme muscle weakness (Lifting a half gallon of milk is a struggle). My disease has produced a secondary condition called Calcinosis. My body will not pass Calcium so it stores it in muscles and tendons as bumps.



The Myositis Association is a life saving organization that provided me with support need to combat this disease.

Gods411 is dedicated to supporting The Myositis Association. Gods411 is an organization that is dedicated to the spiritual support of humanity.

If Gods411 has blessed you, we ask that you donate $1.00 or more to create awareness of this rare disease. Below is the link where you can give.


Life Before My Disease.
The Disease Hits Hard But I Am Fighting.
Very Close To Death.
The Road To Recovery

Important Myositis Facts

  • The average myositis patient must visit five doctors over three-and-a-half years before receiving an accurate diagnosis.
  • Myositis affects approximately 50,000 people in the United States.
  • Myositis affects men, women, and children of all races.
  • There are three forms of myositis, but each causes the weakening of skeletal muscle, often beginning with the shoulders and thighs.
  • Myositis is the most common muscle disease in people over 50.

Watch Video

If you’re experiencing symptoms, The Myositis Association can help. Contact them HERE.

#MyositisAwareness #KnowMyositis  #MyositisStory  #TMACanHelp #Myositis

No comments:

Post a Comment