Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Why Do You Please God?


As I read this passage I was reminded of how the people in the Bible had many gods. God had been pursuing them, but serving a single god took a lot of faith. God could not be seen, so they made idols to satisfy their earthly desires of having a manmade image they could touch and feel. So, why did they take the time to worship God? Fear, insecurity , or maybe they wanted to appease HIM? They were definitely not pleasing HIM.

So why do you make an effort to do Godly things? By doing Godly things I am referring to; going to church, reading your Bible or Christian books, listening to Christian music, or reading this devotional. I know that when I was growing up I had a fear of God, if I did not do these Christian things, GOD would be mad at me and punish me. I was trying to appease God.

I looked up the definition of "appease" in the dictionary, it meant to satisfy. Yes, that was what I was trying to do. I wanted to satisfy GOD so He would be kind to me. But, when my relationship grew, I wanted to please HIM. I understood that GOD loves me, and there is nothing that I can do to make HIM stop loving me, so I stopped trying to appease him, and really without trying, started to please HIM. I say without trying, because these things came natural, it was no effort to please HIM, it was exciting and a joy.

You might be asking yourself, how do you please GOD? There were several concepts that came to mind; faith, Hebrews 11:6 bearing the fruit of the Spirit, and growing in Godly knowledge. Colossians 1:9-11 So where are YOU in your relationship with GOD? Appeasing or Pleasing HIM? 

If this devotional has blessed you, please Like or Tweet it and share with your friends and family :) Thank you & may God Bless you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment