Thursday, June 11, 2015

How Do I Meet God?

God Is Waiting To Meet With You
As I was reading today, this first verse made an impression on me. Solomon was a great man, not because Solomon was great, because GOD was great. GOD was with Solomon and HE made him great. I can't tell you how many times I have done things on my own, they never worked out or worked out to my expectation. But, when GOD is with me, things turned out great. In fact our last venture Kim and I listened to GOD, and asked HIM to be with us, things turned out far beyond what our minds could have ever dreamed up.

How do you meet with God? Do you have a Tent of Meetings? The term Tent of Meetings first came from Moses. Moses would pitch an ordinary tent some distance from the camp. If a person wanted to inquire of GOD they would go to the Tent of Meetings. But when Moses went into the Tent of Meetings a pillar of cloud would come down and stay at the entrance.

Here is how Moses would meet with God. In Exodus the Bible says that GOD would talk to Moses face to face as you would speak to your best friend. You can look up Exodus 33 for more dialogue between GOD and Moses. It is one of my favorite passages in scripture. In fact I have to say that I am jealous of Moses and his amazing relationship

Fast forward to today's reading, Solomon does the same thing. Solomon wanted to inquire of GOD, Solomon wanted to meet God, so he went to the Tent of Meetings, and GOD spoke to him. Do you see where I am heading with this? Do you have your Tent of Meetings where you can meet God?

Do you have a special place where you can meet with GOD face to face? A place where you can go to seek or inquire of GOD? It should be a place of peace or have some special meaning. Maybe it is a quiet room, maybe it is out in your garden, maybe it is a place in the mountains or by the ocean. Wherever you go, it should be a place where you connect with GOD. GOD wants to show Himself to you, all you need to do it ask.

Write below if you have that special place where you meet with God. It can even be your closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment