Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Do You Have Free Will


Do You Have Free Will?
One of my friends and I were discussing, do we have freewill? We we talking about freewill vs. involvement of GOD in our lives. I know that you have heard me say this before, but, the really neat thing about reading the Bible, is you get an inside look of what was really going on. For example, a person might "Feel" that they are being lead to do a certain task. Call in your conscious.... that little voice..... OR GOD! Is this your freewill or GOD? Let's take a look......

There are examples that the Bible gives us of GOD influencing people's decisions.

"But I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and though I multiply my signs and wonders in the land of Egypt, Pharaoh will not listen to you. Then I will lay my hand on Egypt and bring my hosts, my people the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great acts of judgment." - Exodus 7:3-4. 

Now the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD tormented him. - 1 Samuel 16:14

So, what does this mean for us today? Well, two thoughts come to mind. 

Those little whispers, dreams, visions, and feelings, you need to pay attention to them. I would not push them away. Another good friend gave me a suggestion to write all those "Feelings" into a journal, that is an excellent idea! You might have a whisper, but, it might not come to pass for some years. It is neat to look back and see GOD working in your life. I have had two whispers recently. The first one is to visit Israel. 

The second thought is that we need to BELIEVE that GOD is sovereign! Every event in the world happens because HE wants or allows it to happen. Sometimes this is a hard pill to swallow, but, if you grasp this concept nothing can shake you. You might not understand something or agree with it, BUT it is GOD's will. I hope this gives you something to think about if you have freewill. Have a BLESSED Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment