Friday, May 22, 2015

Why Would God Allow Chris Kyle The American Sniper To Die?

Why Would God Allow Chris Kyle The American Sniper To Die?

Why Would God Allow Chris Kyle To Die?

My wife and I just got done watching the movie American Sniper. It was an outstanding movie that really touched me. Being a male it brings out something inside me (maybe all men) to be that hero, to yearn to be called "The Legend." To take a stand against evil. If you have not seen it, I would highly recommend on it.

While the movie was very inspiring, it was also very sad. Here is this amazing man, who did 4 tours of war, came back home only to fight another war. Chris had to fight to save his spirit, family, and marriage. Just to have it shattered by being murdered by a vet that needed help. 

After finishing the movie you can't help but to ask, Why God? Why would you protect this man during 4 tours of war only to have him come home and be murdered? You are God, are you not? Could you have not caused the gun to jam? Give them a flat tire, or engine trouble? Again you are God, you control everything right?

When something bad like this happens, that does not make sense in our lives we strive to find the answers. We are not OK with the answer, "You are not God and you do not understand His ways." or "Everything happens for a reason."

While I do not have all the answers and I have never heard a good answer to "Why do bad Things happen." But I can tell you this.

We live in a fallen world where bad things are going to happen to the ones we love and care about. God loves us enough to give each of us free will to choose to do what we want. A lot of time our free will hurts others. But, God will use our poor choices that hurt others, into amazing events.

Our son took his own life. When Tyler did this I got mad at God and asked, "Why did you even give him to us if you knew he was going to kill himself?" Then a friend told me that God knew Tyler would take his own life, and He knew that Kim and I would introduce Tyler to Jesus. If God had not given Tyler to me, he may not be in heaven. I guess I am OK with that.    



Because of Chris' death beautiful things are happening. In the movie they said that there is a 90% divorce rate with SEAL marriages. I bet these numbers are going to change. Maybe there will be more focus on returning VET's and their emotional state.  Taya (Chris' wife) is  the founder of the Chris Kyle Frog Foundation, devoted to strengthening the marriages of veterans and first responders. I believe this is just the tip of the iceberg.

So when something bad happens in your life that shatters your heart into a million pieces, know that God is at work to make something beautiful out of your tragedy. Our job is to trust and to look for that "Silver lining."                  

No comments:

Post a Comment