Monday, May 4, 2015

How To Be Happy

How To Be Happy

How To Be Happy

I want to be happy in life. I know that I do not have a long time here on earth so what little time I have here I want to be happy. Doesn't everyone?

When I am unhappy I will go buy something. For a short time that newness of the item does bring me happiness, but it seems like the happiness goes away and I need to make myself happy again. It is frustrating that buying things only bring me temporary happiness. I wish it lasted longer. I need to find something that brings me long term happiness, but what?

I know this is going to sound like a crazy religious person, but really only Jesus can bring a long term happiness in me. If this is not true, tell me something that bring about a long term happiness. I am willing to listen.

I have a good example of this in my son Tyler. After Tyler moved out he came to me and told me that he wanted to buy a big screen TV. Tyler was only 18 so I told him that when I was growing up I did not have a big screen until I was much older. It took me a long time to finally have the extra money for that big screen. Buy Tyler knew that if were to buy that big screen, it would make him happy. So he when out and spent over $1,000 to buy that TV.

Read The Story of Tyler

The TV only brought him a little happiness, as the newness of the TV was gone, he needed something to fill that void again. Tyler was so empty that he took his life. There was much more going on with Tyler than just the TV, but my point is "Things" will only bring you temporary happiness.

What makes you happy in life? Post your thoughts below.

No comments:

Post a Comment