Wednesday, May 27, 2015

7 Steps To Study The Bible

How To Study Your Bible
1. Get a Bible That You Can Write In.
I use to not write in my Bible. I liked to keep it neat, but then I decided to write in it. Draw lines, pictures, and make is personal. When I did this I started to get a ton more out of my study time. The Bible does not have to be expensive, but just room to write it.

2. Pray!  
This is one of the most important things to do. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal things to you. Ask Him to show you what Jesus is trying to tell you in this passage. If you do this, you will get tons more out of the study time. 

3. Read The Passage Several Times.
You will gain insight through reading it several times. 

4. Pull the Passage Apart.
Look for any names, repeated words, phrases, ideas, and places. 

5. Answer  These Key Questions
  • Who is the passage written too and who wrote it?
  • What was written? A love passage, training, ect?
  • When was it written? (Time period)
  • Where was it written? 
  • Why was it written?
  • How does this passage apply to my life? 

6. Use Resources.
Like Bible commentaries, dictionaries, other translations, and more. 

7. Enjoy yourself. Have fun.
You are spending time with Jesus :)

No comments:

Post a Comment