Thursday, April 23, 2015

What Does It Mean To Fear God

What Does It Mean To Fear God?

What Does It Mean To Fear God?

My parents got into town on Saturday. We are having a wonderful time with them, and when they come visit with us, spending time with them is my priority. Sunday we went to church, the beach, fellowship, and ate dinner. When they left I knew that I had about 3 hours worth of work still to complete, plus doing this devotional.

My first thought was to not do the devotional, I know that all of you would understand, and I know that Jesus would understand? Right? I started to feel guilty, like maybe Jesus would punish me, or maybe He would be mad at me. Then I started to think that I do not want to do it just because I do not want Him mad at me with the fear of punishment. I was torn on what to do. 


We should not do things out of fear for God. GOD is not a god of fear, HE is a god of love. We should do things for Him because we LOVE him, serve Him, and have this sense of appreciation for the huge sacrifice that He made for us.

I know at times it is hard as you feel lazy if you do not do those "things" for God, but always remember you have a relationship with God, work on the relationship part with Him and you will come to know that there is nothing you can or cannot do to no make Him lover you.

Have you ever had a time when you felt guilty for not doing something to God? Post your thoughts below.

No comments:

Post a Comment