Sunday, April 26, 2015

Modern Day Pharisee

Modern Day Pharisee






I was so upset when I went to bed last night that I had a hard time falling asleep. I was so irritated over a situation that happened in our business yesterday that I tossed and turned for hours.... just irritated.... I had a hard time letting it go. Finally I fell asleep.


I am not sure if you have seen the new movie Do You Believe? It is great evangelism movie that reaches out to people that do not know Jesus. Along with the movie they make a wood Cross and a tract that shows people how to get to know Jesus. We sell these Cross & tract packages. If you were to buy these you really have only one purpose.... to reach out to people that do not know Jesus and hand them out. They really are not designed to keep as they come in packages of 6 to 25. 

Out of all the products we sell I love selling these as I feel each one that we ship goes to a person that might be saved eternally! We had a guest buy a package of 6. We shipped them and the guest received them. After they received them they e-mailed us and said "These Cross smell and they are not like the picture, I am not happy.

Do You Believe Cross & Tract
I wrote them back and told them that the "Smell" is from the newly stained Crosses and if they put them outside the smell will go away. I then explained that each one is made different on purpose. The company has said that each one of the Crosses is made imperfect like those He (Jesus) died for. They wrote back and told me they did not care, I want a refund.

I did not want to argue so I gave them a refund and told them to a least donate them to soneone who would give give them to people that did not know Jesus. They told me that they would throw them away! I was SO irritated as I felt each one of those represented a life who could have been saved.... and they just threw away 6 lives!!

I know that I should not be surprised as this is the same type of person that would have taken Jesus over to the religious leaders to be crucified. They are a modern day Pharisee. They miss the mission of Jesus Christ. They are more concerned about the looks of the item then the mission. I really do not think that the person who was receiving the Cross would say, "Oh I cannot take this because it smells and is not perfect." I am sure they would have been overjoyed just to know Jesus. 

If you are reading these, never lose the mission of Jesus. It is so easy to get wrapped up in what is right for ME. Never forget the mission of Jesus, it takes priority over everything. I leave you with this verse that wraps up this situation perfectly. This is Jesus speaking to the religious leaders of His time:

"You blind Pharisee, first clean the inside of the cup and of the dish, so that the outside of it may become clean also. "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which on the outside appear beautiful, but inside they are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness. "So you, too, outwardly appear righteous to men, but inwardly you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.… Matthew 23:27

Have you ever had an experience like this? I would love to hear about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment