How Do You Pray
|How Do You Pray?|
I thought that I would share with you one area that Jesus has been working on in my life. It is my prayer life. Most of my life, my prayer life was a prayer routine, prayer request line. Prayer was something that I did at the end of the night, as an after thought, usually it went something like this: "Oh yea, I forgot to pray today....... OK...... Ah.......
Dear Jesus, Thank you for today, I am feeling tired, please give me strength. Please watch over Kim, Mom, Dad, and my sister. Please help tomorrow be a better day. I love you. In Jesus name Amen."
Does any of that sound familiar to you? Lately, I have been trying to make prayer what it was intended to be; a form of worship, and communication with GOD. Now, when I pray, I always spend a couple of minutes in the beginning to praise GOD, and worship him. Imagine calling your best friend on the phone, when they pick up the line, you just start to talk, talk, talk.... I want this, help me with this, have a good day, bye. If you had conversations like that with your friends on the phone, I do not think you would have too many more phone conversations.
|Jump Start Your Prayer Life|
If you are wanting to jump start your prayer life, or you have been praying for years, let's take a look at the way Jesus told us to pray in Matthew 6:9-13.
Our Father in Heaven,
1. Hallowed be your name
2. Your kingdom come
3. Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
4. Give us this day our daily bread
5. And forgive us our debts, as we also forgive our debtors
6. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
There is a reason that Jesus told us this and there is a reason that it is in that order.
1. We need to cherish the name of GOD above all things in our life. Pursue the glory of GOD, praise HIM!
2. We pray here that Jesus' saving and purifying will would be done in our lives as well as the earth.
3. We pray that Jesus would give us strength to do His will without hesitation and fear. By doing this our lives as well as the earth's will be changed.
4. We pray that Jesus will provide for our DAILY needs.
5. Pray and ask forgiveness for our sins through Jesus, who made the ultimate sacrifice. Then ask for strength to apply the same forgiveness that GOD shows us, that we can show others.
6. Pray for protection from the evil one and the daily temptations. That we would be amazing witnesses for Him.
I pray that by taking a look at these simple verses, that we may have heard thousands of times, help you jump start or re-align your prayer life again.
Pray then like this: "Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts,as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation,but deliver us from evil."