Monday, March 30, 2015

Should Christian To Legalize Marijuana?

Marijuana is now legal in Colorado, Washington and Alaska. At one time I was right winged and thought that it was wrong, and anyone that used it was wrong. But 10 years ago I was diagnosed with a muscle wasting disease that causes a lot of muscle pain and discomfort. The only relief that I got from the pain was through oxys. These are terrible addicting pills. After taking these on and off for 10 years I asked my doctor for a license for medical marijuana.



Now that legal where I live, I am not sure what I am going to do. It is legal for me to take, but is it beneficial for me? I have lived in pain every day for the last 10 years and most days I pray that Jesus to take away the discomfort or take me home. Am I an exception for taking Marijuana or not? Where do we as Christians draw the line?

As with any situation in life when I have a question, I turn to the Word of God. Here are two verses that I found:

“All things are lawful for me,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful for me,” but I will not be enslaved by anything." - 1 Corinthians 6:12

"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body."  - 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

You should not be controlled by anything in life except Jesus. Alcohol is legal for me to drink and I do like to drink an occasional beer or glass of wine, but it does not control me I control it. It is not the most important thing in my life.

My body is a temple of the Lord; I should treat it as such. I am also a shining example of Jesus Christ. If I walk around drunk or high I am not much of an example for My Lord.

So, what are your thoughts or beliefs? What kind of example should we give others as Followers of Jesus Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment