Thursday, February 5, 2015

How To Open The Flood Gates of Heaven

I was was reading in Leviticus this morning. God had just given Moses and the Israelite's a lot of rules and regulations, God does a great job of wrapping it up in chapter 26. This is a really interesting chapter that would be worth your time reading. God basically says, I know that I have laid down a lot of rules, but, if you follow them I will be with you and walk among you, life will be good. But, on the flip to side of that, if you choose not to follow my rules, life is going to be tough. Not only will you have "Life" to deal with, you will have My anger. Not a good place to be. But, because I am a God of love and mercy, if you mess up, just confess to me and I will remember my promises I made with your fore fathers.



I could not help to think that the Bible is eternal and this has to apply today. God lays out 2 pretty simple rules in chapter 26, no idols, and observe my Sabbaths. So how are you doing with these 2 simple rules? In this day and age idols are everywhere, anything that you put before God is a modern day idol. Your car, home, money, hobbies, relationships, Ipods, computers...... the list could go on and on! How about keeping one day for God, or are you running around 24/7 no rest, no time for God? We are told in chapter 26 if the Israelites followed these rules, God would provide for them, the floodgates of heaven would open up. Have your floodgates been flooding or trickling?

One point I would like to make, when ever we hear floodgates opening up, sometimes we think, MONEY, yes God is going to give me money. We have to learn to think beyond money, money is needed and very helpful, but money never means happiness. Your inner soul at peace, being there when God moves, relationships, family...... those are the true floodgates opening up. So, how are your floodgates?

I could not help to think that the Bible is eternal and this has to apply today. God lays out 2 pretty simple rules in chapter 26, no idols, and observe my Sabbaths. So how are you doing with these 2 simple rules? In this day and age idols are everywhere, anything that you put before God is a modern day idol. Your car, home, money, hobbies, relationships, Ipods, computers...... the list could go on and on! How about keeping one day for God, or are you running around 24/7 no rest, no time for God? We are told in chapter 26 if the Israelites followed these rules, God would provide for them, the floodgates of heaven would open up. Have your floodgates been flooding or trickling?

One point I would like to make, when ever we hear floodgates opening up, sometimes we think, MONEY, yes God is going to give me money. We have to learn to think beyond money, money is needed and very helpful, but money never means happiness. Your inner soul at peace, being there when God moves, relationships, family...... those are the true floodgates opening up. So, how are your floodgates?


No comments:

Post a Comment