Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Do Not Let Your Past Define You

It has been a day since that terrible day when the Seattle Seahawks gave the game the the New England Patriots. I have been so mad that I have not been able to talk about it. You see Kim and I are die hard Seattle fans.


I could not believe the call the coach made. They had the game in the bag all they had to do was give the ball to "The Beast" or do a Quarter Back Sneak in the end zone.

After I got done being mad, I started thinking how badly the person who made the call feels. All I would want to do is hide in a corner, I would beat myself up for making that call. I would start to doubt myself with other calls. I think that I would start to become very sad and start to go into a deep depression.

This is what happens when we make a mistake in our Christian life. We do something wrong. We feel like we have let Jesus down. We start to get depressed and angry that we even made that decision or mistake. This is exactly what the enemy wants you to do, he wants to keep you down so you cannot be the person Christ created you to be.

Do not let your past define you! Christ tell us that if we confess our sins He will forgive us.

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

So, if Christ has promised that He will forgive us, we need for forgive ourselves.  Sometimes this can be even harder than asking for forgiveness. We need to let go of the past, give it to Jesus and boldly go out and start to make a difference for Jesus. Start to believe in yourself. Jesus does and so do I!

Superbowl 49

No comments:

Post a Comment